I've recently returned home from an absolutely UNBELIEVABLE holiday to Los Angeles and Las Vegas and I've been sitting here trying to figure out how the hell I'm supposed to sum up my unforgettable trip ever since I've been back! But here goes...
In fear of missing anything out I figured probably the best way to explain my trip is in photos with my top restaurant recommendations/ must see places/ location highlights and hotel lowdowns under each destination so if you're thinking of visiting LA you can easily refer back to this post!
LOS ANGELES- FIRST STOP, SANTA MONICA
The Huntley Hotel, Santa Monica Beach
1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- Breakfast at The Penthouse overlooking the beautiful californian beaches and miles upon miles of palm trees and ocean..not to mention the mouth watering breakfast menu. I highly recommend the eggs Benedict, by far the best I've ever had.
- Rooms fit for a princess with views of the ocean and a bathroom to literally DIE for. I particularly loved the complimentary Bvlgari beauty products left in the bathroom each day and the cute little notes left each night by the lovely and very friendly maids- love these little touches, they really do make all the difference.
- Customer Service- they couldn't do enough for us the whole time we were there.
- I give this hotel 10/10 the ONLY thing I would say could improve this hotel would be a rooftop swimming pool but The Penthouse cocktails and breakfast menu make up for this, plus the fact you have ACRES of endless beach right outside your hotel doorstep.
- Bike riding to Venice beach(only $14 for two bikes! great value) & sunbathing on Santa Monica beach
- Dinner at Hillstone, I had THE most amazing Californian Burger ever, and the restaurant has a very cool vibe with low lighting candlelit tables and truly mouth-watering menu- big thumbs up!
- I recommend booking a day trip to Universal Studios through the concierge at the hotel, it was SUCH a fun day being big kids for the day- I especially loved the Universal Studios film set tour it was so interesting and we learnt so much! Highlight was seeing the Desperate Housewives filmset and driving down Wisteria Lane!!
Andaz, West Hollywood
8401 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, California, USA, 90069
- Rooftop swimming pool complete with comfortable secluded cabanas and fantastic views of the city and the Hollywood hills.
- Lots of extras at this hotel, complimentary pastries, coffee and juices in the morning and again in the evening complimentary wine from 5-7 everyday. This hotel allows you to choose extra complimentary items and beauty products from an extensive list including nail fils, mouthwash, hairspray, nail varnish remover, hand cream and so much more. Such a useful touch that I can imagine so many people appreciate. You simply call reception and within 10 mins your items are hand delivered to your door in a cute little bag. Ideal.
- Cocktails and dinner at Chateau Marmont this place is by far the coolest, chicest place I've been to and highly recommend a visit if you can get a reservation and you're staying in Hollywood. It's crazy, you feel like you're apart of a secret member's only hidden bar.
- This might be deemed as tacky but I don't care, I loved the Hollywood Homes tour it was so interesting and surreal we took a open-top bus and drove around the Hollywood Hills looking at the homes (from the outside of course!)of some of the biggest movie stars of all time, also loved stopping off at the viewing point to check out the HOLLYWOOD sign with outstanding views of LA. I recommend booking this tour guide with Amazing LA Tours and if you can request to have Bob, he was great!
- You cannot go to Hollywood without checking out Mel's Diner, located just a five minute walk from our hotel on Sunset Boulevard it was by far the most American diner experience we had and you HAVE to go, food is tasty and comes in HUGE portions! Great value for money too.
LAS VEGAS, LAST STOP
Vdara Hotel & Spa, Las Vegas
|2600 W Harmon Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89158|
- We booked a VIP package to see Le Reve The Dream at The Wynn (I adored the Wynn, if I go again thats where I'd stay- it's beautiful. The VIP package included Champagne, chocolates, comfy seats, screens to show behind the scene views and under the water shots plus having the luxury of the best views in the house! SO worth the extra cost. The show was AMAZING, just so amazing you have to see it if you go! Its voted the best show in Vegas too- need I say anymore?!
- Dinner at Hakkasan- the BEST Chinese I've ever had in my life, absolutely zero exaggeration I promise.
- Fountains...see them as much as you can, I think we went to watch them about five times in the three days we were there not counting the times we watched from our suite. The fountains dance to the sound of the music playing, its just fabulous!
- Buffet at The Wynn, for about £35 we had a lunch buffet fit for a king I can't describe how much variety in food there was it was out of this world and I'd definitely go again. Major bonus is the dinning room is flooded with flowers and light, its very pretty!! Food and flowers...perfection.