I've been thinking a lot lately about stress (probably because I've been feeling extra stressed than I usually do!) and I've been trying to brainstorm ways to suppress my daily stresses in a way that suits my working day and fits into my busy lifestyle and I've realised that making a few minor beauty changes in my daily routine makes me noticeably less stressed, so here's my little 'more beauty, less stress' guide to help you all feel equally less stressed in a more beautified way!...
- Cleanse, tone and moisturise both morning and evening- this is the best way to get yourself into a routine whereby the results will benefit you directly making you feel good about your glowing skin and where you have to take 10 mins out of your day just to focus on this. A fresh face means a fresh outlook- it works wonders. On really stressful days I recommend using an Eve Lom face mask!
KICK-START YOUR DAY
- When you wake up in the morning have a cup of hot water with fresh lemon, this is great for your general health and wellbeing and wakes you up without the need of caffeine- I know, hard to believe but it really works. If you're a coffee addict like myself then introduce a cup of hot water and lemon before your morning coffee so you're still getting the morning hit of goodness.
- If you're having a break out as a result of your stressful job, relationship, family dramas or generally just suffering from bad skin then I cannot recommend ARK's Clearing SkinResponse Serum my skin was awful last week and after a few days of adding this wonder serum into my morning and evening moisturiser my skin cleared up and now its back to its normal self- good skin = less stress and less stress = good skin. Remember that one.
FRESH PAIR OF EYES
- Look at things from a fresh bag-free pair of eyes with Malvina's Rejuvenating Eye Cream works instantly and cleverly disguises tired eyes. Sneaky stuff.
- My mum has been drilling this into me since forever probably before I even knew what nail varnish was! But my wise mother has a very good point, freshly painted and soft well groomed nails is an instant feel good factor, it reminds you that you've taken control of things. Right now I'm loving Gel Rocks nail varnish by Elegant Touch in 'Unoriginal Sin' perfect understated chic colour that compliments every makeup look.
SCRUB AWAY YOUR STRESS
- It's a fact that a good scrub in the shower releases happy endorphins so my absolute favourite body scrub product of the moment is Mr. Bean Coconut Coffee Scrub it smells AMAZING, and works wonders for reducing the unpleasant appearance of cellulite, stretch marks and banishes dry and rough skin! Its my wonder product of the month- adore the stuff!
Have a stress-free week everyone!